Beth Ora Blood Drive 2021
Time & Location
About the Event
By Appointment Only - Please call 1-800-343-7264
For more information, please visit the Hema Quebec website: www.hema-quebec.qc.ca
A thousand blood donations are needed every day to guarantee an optimal level of reserve. This is the case in normal times, as in the context of a pandemic. More than ever, Hema-Quebec encourages donors - new and existing - to continue to mobilize, in order to enable it to ensure sufficient supplies to meet the needs of patients in hospitals.
Donating blood during a pandemic: what you need to know:
- The ban on gatherings of people does not apply to Hema-Quebec.
- 100% of donations are made by appointment.
- The collection places are safe. Hema-QuEbec applies measures that meet or exceed the instructions of public health authorities.
- Wearing a medical mask, issued by Hema-Quebec, is compulsory for everyone at all times. You must hydrate and eat before you arrive for collection.
- An accompanying person must also donate blood, you cannot therefore be accompanied to the blood donation site with a child or with someone who is not intending to give blood.
- People with a fever or not feeling well may not donate blood, additional questions about health will be asked at the Blood Donor clinic.Temperature measurement of donors and volunteers will be done before accessing the site.
- Disinfection of screens used for the blood donation qualification questionnaire, as well as collection beds.
- Logistical organization of collections reviewed in order to respect the minimum distance measures of 2 meters, as far as possible.
- Addition of acrylic panels at all collection sites.
- The salty snack is no longer given before the donation. However, a bottle of water can be offered to donors who have not hydrated before coming. This should be drunk in a dedicated hydration zone.
- A snack following the donation will be given, but must be consumed outside the collection site.
Hema-Quebec continues to reiterate the importance of staying hydrated before donating blood and recommends that donors drink water and eat a salty snack before accessing the collection site.
All donations are now made exclusively by appointment.
We ask you not to arrive more than 5 minutes before the time given to you.